Avon Riding Centre for the Disabled Ltd
Terms and Conditions
- New riders will be asked to pay £11 for an initial assessment session. After a successful, assessment riders will be offered a session at the same day and time each week. The day and time offered will be the session considered the most appropriate for them at the time and is almost certain to be during the school day. There is a maximum riding weight of 12 ½ stone or 79 kg for new riders.
- Riders must wear a riding hat that meets current safety standards and fits correctly. Coaches may check a rider’s own hats. Hats may be borrowed from the Centre. Body protectors may be worn, but are not provided or fitted by the Centre. Riders must wear long trousers and enclosed footwear and may not be able to ride if they are not appropriately dressed. If there is any doubt, please discuss with your Coach.
- Allocation of riding sessions is subject to regular review, and riders may be asked to change sessions or ‘take a break’ from riding if the Coach feels this would be appropriate.
- A session may include mounted and dismounted activities. Sessions may take place in the indoor arena, outdoor arena or the stable yard.
- We always aim to start (mount) and finish (dismount) a session on time. If riders arrive late for a session (eg more than 10 minutes late for a 30 minute session, or 15 minutes late for a 45 minute session) they will not be able to join the group session.
- Sessions are invoiced every term in advance (this is an invoice period), and need to be paid by the date stated on the invoice. Invoices must be paid by the due date to ensure riding can continue. An admin fee will be added to invoices that are chased (£5 per reminder).
- In the rare and exceptional circumstances that a ride is cancelled for a given week, rider’s account will be credited with the cost of that session.
- If you cancel a session you will be charged. If you are unable to attend, please give as much notice as possible to ensure horses and volunteers can be used most effectively.
- If you cancel sessions as a result of incapacitating medical treatment (eg surgery or a broken limb), your account will be credited and your place reserved for a maximum of 2 invoice periods. Medical evidence of the procedure will be required.
- If you wish to cancel your riding sessions permanently, one month’s notice must to be given in writing. If we do not receive one month’s notice you will be invoiced for the balance.
- Any hostile, abusive or intimidating behaviour towards the staff or volunteers at Avon Riding Centre may result in the immediate termination of riding sessions without notice.
- Riders will inform the Centre of any change to their condition, medication, contact details and emergency contact information.
- Riding is a risk sport and riders must voluntarily accept the risks involved and riders, or carers, must take all reasonable precautions. In the absence of any negligence on the part of Avon Riding Centre for the Disabled Ltd. they are not liable.
- It is your responsibility to check the website to ensure you are aware of the most recent Terms and Conditions, or request a paper copy from the Centre.
- By continuing to ride with Avon Riding Centre you accept these terms as they are laid out.