Bristol Horse Riding (at Avon Riding Centre) Terms of Riding
- Your first lesson is an assessment and is paid for at time of booking. You will then be offered a regular group lesson that is most suited to your abilities, if available.
Cost & Invoicing
- For a full price list please contact the Centre or see our website.
- You will be invoiced monthly in advance for lessons. Payment is due on the first day of every month. It is your responsibility to ensure that payment is made on time. If payment is not received by the first day of every month, a horse will not be available for your lesson; you will not be able to ride until payment is received.
- If payment is received late on three occasions in six months you will not be able to retain your place on the schedule unless by prior agreement.
- If payment is received after the due date on the invoice, and without prior arrangement with the Centre, a £5 admin fee will be applied.
- We require 24 hours’ notice for a lesson to be cancelled by a rider.
- We do not offer refunds for cancelled lessons by riders. A cancelled lesson by a rider will result in a hack/holiday activity credit* providing 24 hours’ notice has been given.
- If the Centre cancels a lesson, the rider will be offered a refund or hack/holiday activity credit.
- Riders will be able to accrue hack/holiday activity credits for a maximum period of 6 months from the date of each cancellation.
- A rider cannot accrue more than six unused hack/holiday activity credits at any one time.
- If you wish to stop riding with us, all unused hack/holiday activity credits must be used before your last lesson or they will be lost.
- 2 Weeks’ notice in writing is required to be removed from the riding schedule.
- Horse allocation is decided by Avon Riding Centre staff according to usage throughout the day, rider suitability and lesson content. It is not possible for riders to request specific horses.
- As a part of our duty of care to our horses, strict weight carrying limits are applied. It is for this reason that riders will be weighed three times a year. By riding with us you consent to regular weigh ins to ensure you are matched with the right horse.
- You must wear a riding hat that meets current safety standards and fits correctly. Coaches will routinely check a rider’s hats.
- You must wear your own body protector to the current British safety standards at all times during cross country lessons or outdoor jumping.
- Lessons can take place inside or outside; you always need to come prepared for outside riding.
- You must wear long trousers and riding footwear, even in the hottest weather, and may not be able to ride if you are not appropriately dressed. Tops should cover your shoulders and top of your arms. We also recommend that all riders wear gloves. Scarves may be worn in cold weather, but must be tucked in and not cover any part of the rider’s face. If there is any doubt about the suitability of clothing, please discuss it with your Coach.
- You must not wear any facial or body jewellery when riding and earrings should be replaced with studs for the rider’s own safety. Long hair must be tied back and not interfere with the fitting of a riding hat.
- You must inform Avon Riding Centre of any change in address or contact details immediately. Please be aware that most communication from the Centre will be via email and it is therefore essential that you provide an up to date email address and check this regularly.
- Any inappropriate behaviour to staff, riders or volunteers may result in the immediate termination of your riding lessons without notice.
- Riding is a risk sport and you must voluntarily accept the risks involved.
Avon Riding Centre for the Disabled and its subsidiary company, Bristol Horse Riding, takes your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to administer your account and to provide you with details of services or activities that may be of interest to you.
*Bristol Horse Riding Credits T&Cs
- When you cancel a lesson with 24 hours’ notice or more, you will receive a credit voucher which you can use towards booking a clinic, hack or holiday activity
- The voucher will last 6 months from the date of the original cancelled lesson
- It is your responsibility to keep a record of your credit codes, we will not keep a record of them once they have been sent to you
- It is your responsibility to use the credit code before it expires and we will not be responsible for any expired credit codes
- You must only use your credits to book on clinics and hacks that are of a suitable level for you. If you are unsure ask your instructor. If you book onto an unsuitable clinic, you may be cancelled and lose your credit. This is for your safety and the safety of others in the clinic
- You will need to have been signed off for hacking before booking a hack. Please check with your instructor before booking. If you book without being signed off the hack will be cancelled and you will lose your credit